You might not know this, but you can make a difference. Dumping oil and used filters into sewers, on the ground, or into landfills wastes a non-renewable natural resource, contributes to environment pollution, and is no longer an acceptable practice.
Here what you can do:
- Collect the used oil from your car, lawnmower, farm equipment or other machinery in a clean and child-proof container
- Do not contaminate the oil with other liquids such as solvents, paint thinner, bleaches, and so on.
- Collect your used oil filters and plastic oil containers.
- Take your used oil and oil filters to your nearest approved recycling centre.
- Spread the word about tell others about this process.